The Superior Court serves the citizens of San Joaquin County through its various courts, which include:
- Jurisdiction over disputes involving money, title or possession of real property, and special cases such as change of name and injunctions.
- Jurisdiction over misdemeanors - offenses generally punishable by fine and /or county jail term - preliminary felony hearings and felony trials.
- Domestic Violence & Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
- Domestic Violence happens in many forms between two people in an intimate relationship.
- Drug Court
- The mission of Drug Court is to match a defendant to an appropriate level of substance abuse treatment.
- Family Law
- Jurisdiction over all cases involving dissolutions of marriage and division of property, restraining orders, child support and visitation, and mediation.
- Responsible for adjudicating matters regarding minors.
- Handles decedents' estates, guardianship, minors, and conservatorship of adults who are unable to provide for their personal needs or manage their financial resources.
- Small Claims
- Provides a forum where minor civil disputes are resolved quickly and inexpensively.
- Unlawful Detainer
- Information for Landlords and Tenants.
- Jurisdiction over vehicle code infractions, most local limited civil infractions, and minor misdemeanors.