San Joaquin County Superior Court
Pay Traffic Ticket

General Information
News and Media
Case Inquiry
Jury Duty
Grand Jury
Site Map
ADA Information

Free Download of Adobe Acrobat Reader
Free tools that allow visually disabled users to read documents in Adobe PDF format spacer pixel
spacer pixel

Order After Hearing Procedure

An Order After hearing will be provided only where the court ordered it typed by our clerks. The turn around time will depend on workload. If you completed an envelope in court your order, when completed, will be mailed to you. In all other cases, it is up to the moving party to get an order prepared and submitted to the judicial officer so that it can be signed.

Instructions for Preparing an Order After Hearing or a Judgment

Blank Order After Hearing are available in your forms packet. If you do not have one, they are available in the clerk's office at 540 E Main St. for $.50 each or you can download the forms for free from by going to links and Judicial council forms..

Use the Order After Hearing forms if you were in court for a motion regarding support, or temporary property orders. Use the Judgment and Notice of Entry of Judgment forms if you were in court for a Dissolution, Legal Separation, or Nullity of Marriage.

Your forms must be typed.

Fill out the forms with what was said by the judicial officer in court. If you do not remember what was said, you can get a copy of the clerk's Minute Order from the Clerk's Office two days after the hearing for $.50 a page.

Return the completed forms to the Clerk's Office as soon as possible for processing.

If you are submitting a Judgment for Dissolution, Legal Separation, or Nullity, you must provide two stamped envelopes with one addressed to the other party and one addressed to you. The clerk will mail copies of the Judgment to both parties.

If you are submitting an Order After Hearing allow 3-4 weeks for your order to be signed by the judicial officer before coming back to pick up your copies.

If the other party was in court, you must still mail a copy of the Order After Hearing to that person. If the other party was not in court, you should have that person personally served with a copy of the order. File the Proof of Service with the Clerk's Office after the order has been served.

Previous Page Prev Next Next Page

If you are experiencing techical problems with the court's website, please contact the webmaster. Please note: if you have questions regarding your case and you email the webmaster, you will not receive a reponse back from the court.
[Privacy Policy]