San Joaquin County Superior Court
Pay Traffic Ticket

General Information
News and Media
Case Inquiry
Jury Duty
Grand Jury
Site Map
ADA Information

Free Download of Adobe Acrobat Reader
Free tools that allow visually disabled users to read documents in Adobe PDF format spacer pixel
spacer pixel


The Superior Court acts as an agent for the U.S. Government to accept passport applications. Effective Tuesday, April 2, 2013, you may only complete your application at the Main Stockton Courthouse located located at 222 E. Weber Avenue. The Clerk's Office in Room 303 (third floor) processes passport applications. You should allow thirty (30) minutes to process your application. You can also pick up renewal applications at these locations. The passport services schedule is as follows:

  • ROOM 303 (3rd Floor): Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

In order to apply for a passport, each applicant needs to bring the following items:

  1. Original Certified Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate (if you are not a native born U.S. Citizen)
  2. Valid California ID (Driver's License, Passport, or Military ID)
  3. One(1) passport photo (2inches by 2 inches)
  4. Processing Fees (please see below or click on Processing Times and Fees for more detailed information)
  5. To submit an application for a child under 16 years of age, BOTH parents or child's legal guardians must appear at the Clerk's Office and present evidence of the child's US citizenship, evidence of the child's relationship to parents or guardians, and parental identification. If only one parent appears you must submit one (1)of the following:
    • Second parent's written statement consenting to the passport
    • Primary evidence of sole authority to apply or
    • Written statement under penalty of perjury explaining the second parent's unavailability
  6. In addition to your original California Drivers License or ID Card, please bring in a copy of your license ID (front and back) on a piece of plain 8.5" x 11" white paper, to be submitted with your application. Or, we can make a copy for you at 50 cents per page.

All minor applicants, including infants, must appear with both parents at the Office of the Superior Court with a certified copy of the applicant's birth certificate or naturalization certificate, parent's identification document and 2 passport photos. If both parents are not available, please contact the Superior Court for further instructions or go to for further instructions. Bring everything to the Superior Court.

Please allow 25 business days for processing the application.

More information on passports can be obtained at the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) at or toll free # 1-877-487-2778.

National passport Information Center Processing times and fees as of January 2014: Passport Services Flyer

If you are experiencing techical problems with the court's website, please contact the webmaster. Please note: if you have questions regarding your case and you email the webmaster, you will not receive a reponse back from the court.
[Privacy Policy]