San Joaquin County Superior Court
Pay Traffic Ticket

General Information
News and Media
Case Inquiry
Jury Duty
Grand Jury
Site Map
ADA Information

Free Download of Adobe Acrobat Reader
Free tools that allow visually disabled users to read documents in Adobe PDF format spacer pixel
spacer pixel

Some Rules About the Defendant

You must sue using the defendant's exact legal name. If the defendant is a business or corporation and you do not know the exact legal name, check with the County Clerk's Office; or the Office of the Secretary of State, Corporate Status Unit. Ask the clerk for help if you do not know how to find this information. If you do not use the defendant's exact legal name, the court may be able to correct the name on your claim at the hearing or after judgment.

If you want to sue a government agency, you must first file a claim with that agency before you can file a lawsuit in court. Generally, you must do this no later than six months after the act or event you are suing about.

Previous Page Prev Next Next Page

If you are experiencing techical problems with the court's website, please contact the webmaster. Please note: if you have questions regarding your case and you email the webmaster, you will not receive a reponse back from the court.
[Privacy Policy]