Superior Court Home Page Daily Court Schedules Local Rules
Tentative Rulings for the Day Answers to Legal Questions Search

Court Locations, Hours, and Phone Numbers

Calendars, Case Information, FAX Filing, Fees, Forms, Local Rules, Passports, and Tentative Rulings

Civil, Criminal, Domestic Violence, Drug Court, Family, Juvenile, Probate, Small Claims, and Traffic

Community Focus, Jury Duty, Grand Jury, and Self-Help

Information on Judges and Staff

Site Map

Free Download of Adobe Acrobat Reader

Free tools that allow visually disabled users to read documents in Adobe PDF format
Small Claims

Some Rules About the Defendant

You must sue using the defendant's exact legal name. If the defendant is a business or corporation and you do not know the exact legal name, check with the County Clerk's Office; or the Office of the Secretary of State, Corporate Status Unit. Ask the clerk for help if you do not know how to find this information. If you do not use the defendant's exact legal name, the court may be able to correct the name on your claim at the hearing or after judgment.

If you want to sue a government agency, you must first file a claim with that agency before you can file a lawsuit in court. Generally, you must do this no later than six months after the act or event you are suing about.

Previous Page Prev Next Next Page

Please contact the webmaster with your suggestions or comments.