San Joaquin County Superior Court
Pay Traffic Ticket

General Information
News and Media
Case Inquiry
Jury Duty
Grand Jury
Site Map
ADA Information

Free Download of Adobe Acrobat Reader
Free tools that allow visually disabled users to read documents in Adobe PDF format spacer pixel
spacer pixel

What Happens After Judgment?

After the trial, the court may have ordered one party to pay money to the other party. The party who wins the case and is owed the money is called the Judgment Creditor. The party who loses the case and owes the money is called the Judgment Debtor.

Enforcement of the judgment is postponed until after the time for appeal ends or until after the appeal is decided if one is filed. This means that the judgment creditor cannot collect any money or take any action until after this period is over. Generally, both parties may be represented by lawyers after judgment and on appeal.

More information about your rights after judgment is available on the back of the Notice of Entry of Judgment form. The clerk may also have this information on a separate sheet.

Previous Page Prev Next Next Page

If you are experiencing techical problems with the court's website, please contact the webmaster. Please note: if you have questions regarding your case and you email the webmaster, you will not receive a reponse back from the court.
[Privacy Policy]