San Joaquin County Superior Court
Pay Traffic Ticket

General Information
News and Media
Case Inquiry
Jury Duty
Grand Jury
Site Map
ADA Information

Free Download of Adobe Acrobat Reader
Free tools that allow visually disabled users to read documents in Adobe PDF format spacer pixel
spacer pixel

How To Get Help With Your Case

Any party may ask a lawyer about the case, but a lawyer may not represent either party in court at the Small Claims trial. Generally, after judgment and on appeal, any party may be represented by a lawyer.

If you do not speak English, you may take a family member or friend to court with you. The court keeps a list of interpreters who charge a fee for services. It is up to you to make those arrangements. If an interpreter is needed but not available, the court must postpone your hearing one time only so that you have time to get one.

You may consult with the Small Claims Advisor for free by calling (209) 473-6463 between the hours of 12 noon to 5:00pm Monday through Thursday.

As an alternative to going to Court, you may contact The Mediation Center of San Joaquin County at (209) 474-8794 to try to resolve the matter between the parties with an impartial third party mediator. The Mediation Center is your non-profit community mediation center. Mediation of small claims disputes is low-cost or free, depending on ability to pay.

Previous Page Prev Next Next Page

If you are experiencing techical problems with the court's website, please contact the webmaster. Please note: if you have questions regarding your case and you email the webmaster, you will not receive a reponse back from the court.
[Privacy Policy]